2022 Pembroke Arts Festival Jurors
Ray Larrow was born in Holyoke, Massachusetts.
Ray describes himself as a Perceptual Painter interested in formal concerns as they pertain to representational art.
He holds degrees in Painting from Boston University and Southern Methodist University. (B.F.A./M.F.A.)
He lives and maintains a Painting studio in the Pioneer Valley. He is married and has two young children.
2006 Master of Fine Arts – Painting, Southern Methodist University, Dallas, TX
2000 Bachelor of Fine Arts – Painting/Drawing, Boston University, College of Fine Arts, Boston, MA
Adjunct Faculty: Holyoke Community College, Holyoke, MA. 2007-2014, Drawing and Painting
Southern Methodist University and University of North Texas, Dallas, TX. 2006, Painting and Drawing
I first became interested in photography in high school. My skills and desire became more intense during the time I was in the service and purchased my first 35mm SLR. Having taught photography at the high school level and in combination with the introduction of digital, I have been reinvigorated again. Plus, with the added flexibility and creativity of Lightroom and Photoshop it allows visually creative photographers to explore new boundaries.
I have been a member of Upper Cape Camera Club for many years and attended the NECCC Conference for five years. I have judged and presented at many clubs on and off cape in the past few years.
• Second place and two honorable mentions in the Annual Cape Cod Viewfinders Club Juried Photography Contest, held at the Creative Arts Center in Chatham.
• Honorable Mention from the New England Camera Council
• First place in the Upper Cape Camera Club Annual Competition
• First place in the Waquoit Bay Estuarine Reserve Photo Competition
• Jurors Award Falmouth Art Center
• Honorable Mention NECCC Digital Circuit
• MNEC Masters recognition by NECC
• Honorable Mention at Cotuit Center for the Arts Tripping The Light Fantastic Show